TenGrid: The Xgrid Tutorial.
NEW!! Xgrid will work on mountain Lion 10.8 but is no longer installed by default
TenGrid wiki is an open, collaborative tutorial and collection of tips, techniques and faqs related to setting up and using an Apple Xgrid.
You are welcome to add your own informed contributions
- Xgrid FAQ
- Planning and Administering Xgrid
- Bugs and Missing Functionality
- Mastering Xgrid
- Disk Servers
- To edit, create a userID at the login link then
- send an e-mail to the Sysop requesting edit permission
- This front page is not editable. Please modify old sections to segue into any new sections.
- Consult the Help:Editing for information on editing a wiki.
- Please use your real name as a user ID. We don't spam. This helps the site operators authenticate code or information you post for inclusion on the signed software page.
When making statements please indicate configuration assumptions where appropriate. For example, critical behavioral variations arise from the authentication type (Kerberos, password, no password), the agent or client or controller OS (10.5, 10.6 10.6S (server) ), and Bonjour/firewall/Ldap.
Chances are something here is going to save you an hour of time. With the time you just saved your employer, I give you permission to leave an hour early tonight! Now, perhaps you might like to balance the karma with some additions here or donate towards the web bill ?
- Say hi! WikiPrimary at tengrid.com
- Please link: Charlie E.M. Strauss, TenGrid the Xgrid Wiki, http://TenGrid.com, 2010
- Please cite:
- C.E.M. Strauss,"Xgrid Admin Guide", Los Alamos National Lab, LA-UR 10-03822, (2010)
- C.E.M. Strauss,"Xgrid FAQ", Los Alamos National Lab, LA-UR 10-03823, (2010)
For a modest reality check on code, see the signed software page. That page is not publicly editable so it will be less up to date than the wiki, but has some level of screened attribution of the code origin.
Remember, this is a publicly editable wiki. Information can be wrong, out of date or even posted with malice. You'd have to be bonkers to blindly rely on any code/advice you find here, since bad guys could post stuff that might not get taken down quickly. Let's hope not, but use it at your own risk.
- Tengrid is not affiliated with Apple inc.